Constant pain in shins, leg muscles and bones. Is hot water therapy advisable?

My name is Chhanda Pal, 46. I am a school teacher. Since last 3 years I am having pain in my legs more particularly on my shins. The pain is in leg muscles as well as in bones . At the advise of an Orthopaedic doctor I have been doing light exercises which has provided some relief but pain still persists. At night I dip my legs in hot water to get rid of the pain in my legs. Kindly suggest whether I should continue the hot water therapy . Also let me know if it will have any harmful effects ?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013