Constant pain in left side of ribcage, under left breast, gets worse after eating. Causes?

i have a constant pain in left side of ribcage just under my left breast and to the outside of it. i have been to GP who says it is muscular, he checked my bp etc. I have since noticed that it gets worst after eating. I m not aware that I injured myself and it is not easing and keeps me awake at night. I cannot get comfortable.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Hi there,

From the brief information provided, there are certain possibilities, as follows:-

* Spasm of the muscles between the ribs. Perhaps, you were given inadequate treatment for the same. I suggest that you take a combination of anti-inflammatory pain-killers (such as ibuprofen + paractamol combination) + muscle relaxant (such as chlorzoxazone) for 7-10 days, AFTER meals.

* Excess formation of acid in stomach, regurgitating into the food pipe which mimics as central and left sided chest pain. IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE-MENTIONED DRUGS, also take Omeprazole with Domperidone (or metoclopramide) twice daily for a month.

* Inflammation of the inner lining of the cavity (condition called, Dry Pleuritis) which surrounds the left lung. Drugs mentioned above for BOTH conditions above- if taken together- will certainly give you tremendous relief.

Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he agree with me, order required tests, and- based on the reports- will prescribe suitable treatment as advised.

Hope you find my response helpful and informative.

Lastly, if you need a detailed and prompt answer, you may post a "Direct Query (Premium)" addressed personally to me.

Fond regards and have a nice day

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal