Constant pain at base of esophagus, antacids, suspected peptic ulcers,frequent back pain, chest pain, numbness in arms and legs, burping. Hernia?

I have been suffering with a constant nagging pain (sore) at the base of my esophagus / bottom of the rib cage for 5 months. Three months worth of antacids have not solved suspected peptic ulcers . I wonder if it might be a hernia . I am getting frequent back pain, shoulder pain, chest pain and (at night) numbness in my arms and legs. I am also burping a lot. The sore, nagging ache is with me all the time and when I eat large pieces of food it hurts as it passes the sore point - get a burning feeling. What might you think it is?? Caroline Keen (aged 38)
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012