Constant excessive gas. Having benign goiter on left thyroid. Taking natural supplements. Reason for gas?

Hi, I am looking for a gastrentologist to help me with stomach problems. I have been having constant excessive gas and I don t understand why. I started having gas around June/July of last year. I kind of turned the other cheek with it but it s starting to interfe with my daily life. I started at a new college this spring semester and thought maybe it was just nervous gas but being that this is my third year, that theory went out the window. I ve lost about 45 pounds over the last year and am looking to loose about 35 more. I also have a benign goiter on my left thyroid and am taking a natural supplement to shrink it after choosing to not have it surgically removed. Other than that my lifestlye has been the same since my teen years. I appreciate any and all information as this is a very embarrasing problem and its affecting important aspects of my life. Thank you so much for your time and help.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013