Consistent spotting, periods usually stop within a week, had taken pill on the first day of period. Cause of concern?

I just started taking the pill ( Gestodene 75 mcg - Ethinyl Estradiol 20mcg) on the first day of my period. It s been 9 days since and I m still spotting red. I tried to have sex with a condom on day 7 because I thought my period was over, but I found blood was coming out after a couple of minutes in. My periods lasted no longer than 5 days before the pill. Should I be worried about this spotting? Is it still my period or something else?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013