Consistent high fever and headache, diagnosed to be virus. What could it be?

/My husband has been running a high fever & headache since dec 30, 2012. he seen the family doctor he was told it was the flu to wait it out. He hasn t gotten any better. He was hospitalized on 1/29/13, he had a catscan from head to pelvic it showed nothing, spinal tap no mennigitas and blood drawn. There is no infection in his body, some test on spinal fluid & blood won t be back for 2 days to a week. They tell us it is a virus, but dont know what type. Does anyone have any suggestions. Please help us, I don t know how much longer he can stand this! Thank you, Alisha .
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013