Colon removed after cancer. Have growth in thyroid. Why is foot bursting with heat?

Hi I am a 45 year old female. Medical history: Colon cancer - colon removed Feb 2009 received chemo for 6 months there after and have been in remission since. I do have a growth in my thyroid but tests were done in 2010 when discovered and was found that it is not cancerous and does not seem to affect anything so it was just left alone. My problem is that the last week or 3 I have started feeling a hot burst under my left foot . The heat comes and goes for short period of time but frequently. What could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012