Cold, sore throat, sinus congestion, tonsils protruding. Taken amoxicillin, vicodin. Suggest?

I had a cold a few weeks ago. A very routine cold, sore throat , sinus congestion, the works. It would not go away no matter what I did, then my throat started to really hurt. I was keeping an eye on it, and noticed part of my tonsils beginning to protrude from their normal position. I was hoping they would return to normal, but they had not. I went to urgent care and they prescribed me amoxicillin and vicodin after doing cultures and blood tests for strep and mono, both coming up negative. I took the amoxicillin as noted and was not feeling much of a difference, the vicodin also did not help with the pain. Suddenly, it went away. The pain stopped, my tonsils returned to their normal position. However, a few days after I finished my round of antibiotics, I got a really bad cold, so I thought. Mostly sinus, but suddenly my tonsils are coming back into play. I don t want them to become irritated again and protrude as badly as before, slightly occluding my airway, but I don t want to sit in urgent care for hours for no answers. What do you suggest?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013