Cold, severe cough, yellow phlegm, breathing difficulty, whistling sound from chest

HI, I m currently suffering with a cold but now I m really struggling to breathe and get out of breath just going to the bathroom. my symptoms include my chest is really tight like elastic bands are stopping me breathing in, I m having to force air out of my lungs with my stomach muscles and theres a strange whistling noise coming from my chest, I m also coughing lots and are coughing up lots of green/yellow phlegm , what should I do? I have no known medical problems EDIT - I ve had the symptoms 10 days now, the shortness of breath etc symptoms I ve had for approx. 4 days now and I m exhausted. I feel like I am trying to breathe through a straw all the time and other people have commented on the strange whistling noise my lungs seem to be making.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012