Cold, no fever, irritation in chest, sinus, huge flank hernia surgery to be done

I am having a large flank hernia surgery in 2 days. I have put this off for 5 years. Yesterday i started developing a cold . No fever some chest congestion but not to the point where i am coughin, just some irritation . sinuses are congested. I am all set for the surgery( sick days etc) any home remedies to do for the next 48 hrs? I dont want it postphoned if i dont have to. The cold that i have now is not as bad as i have had in the past but it is meking me sluggish.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012