Cold, nasal congestion, throat pain on swallowing, yellow pus pockets on tonsils, roof of mouth. Causes?

Yes. I have a head cold runny, congested nose , no cough . My throat hurts when I swallow . What I m confused about is I took a flashlight and looked at my tonsils and on one of my tonsils was white yellowish looking pus pockets and also one little white yellowish pus pocket on each side kinda on the roof of my mouth and the roof of my mouth itches so bad. What are those pus pockets and why do they making the roof of my mouth itch?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013