Cold, cough, breathing difficulty, fast heart beats during 27th week of pregnancy. Solution?

Hi I am 27 weeks pregnant.. I started out with a simple head cold three weeks ago. But for the past couple of days I have picked up a very deep cough . I also have a hard time breathing and when I cough it only makes it worse.. I just feel like I m not getting enough air and I can feel my heart beating pretty hard should I be concerned.. My
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, your symptoms do seem to be worrisome and you should visit your obstetrician and get yourself examined. Sometimes simple cold if neglected can become a lower respritory tract infection which should not be overlooked. Or you could just be experiencing it due to the enlargement of the uterus which is pushing your diaphragm upwards causing mild dyspnea which is expected. The severity of the condition can only be assessed by your attending doctor and managed accordingly. It would be best to take their advise now. take care.