Cold and fever, persisting noisy breathing, taking Novamox 250. Is the medicine correct?

my daughter is 1 year 9 months old. One month back she got fever with running nose . Doctor advised to give crocin when temperature crosses 100 and put wet cloth on head to keep temperature under control. After one week fever went off. One week back i gave her PINEAPPLE juice for three successive days. Again she caught up with cold and fever. She has noisy breathing also. This time doctor adviser her to take NOVAMOX 250 readiuse, Alreid. Iam giving her since three days. Fever went off but still noisy breathing is persisting. I come to know novamaxo is anti biotic and not advisable for children of less than two years. Please advise me whether medicines prescribed by my doctor is correct.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013