Clotting on knuckle of left hand's middle finger, hard, painful. How to get relief?

Hi, I practice full contact karate and condition my knuckles on sand bags. A clotting has developed on the knuckle of my middle finger on my left hand . It has become very hard and it pains when i punch. It is there for a very long time now, possibly for about 6 months or so and it s not going. Can you please tell me if i have got infected or something like that.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
This is commonly seen due to thee rupture of small blood vessels(veins) in the knuckles.This normally reabsorbs after sometime if small amount of blood has leaked locally or with cold compress.If the swelling has not subsided (due to repeated injury at the same site) it would have formed a hematoma(collection of blood) which can get infected.I suggest to take a surgeon's opinion since it might require drainage.Hope this helps.Take care.