Clogged left ear, yellow greenish wax, itchy, painful, thick mucus at throat back. Recommended home remedies?

I woke up yesterday with my ear feeling clogged. I clean my ears everyday but when I cleaned my left ear the q-tip was full of yellow greenish wax. My ear felt very itching and slight pain. Today, my ear still feels clogged and I can not hear clearly. THe only relief I feel is if I am tilting my head or laying on my side where it seem like fluid is coming out of it. Also, since yesterday, I ve been feeling thick mucous in the back of throat; however, only on the left side...as if my ear or something is draining in the back of my throat. Are there any home remedies that can help me?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012