Clicking of right jaw. Diagnosed wearing out of right disc. Surgery needed?

My right side of my jaw clicks all the time when i yawn and open my mouth to eat. i have been seen about it and the doctor said my right disc is wearing out. This past week or so my jaw on both sides seems to be stiff and sore. I have been hoping it was just a temporary thing and the pain would subside. Thinking about getting it looked at again, but i am very worried about what they will want to do. I have read nothing but bad news when it comes to TMJ surgery.. i have not read any good outcomes. Any suggestions would be great!
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013