Took cortisone in knees for osteoarthritis. How long should I wait to take eflexxa injections?

I am seeing a new Orthopaedist who gave cortisone in both knees three weeks ago for Osteoarthritis with very little relief. I have been approved to have Euflexxa injections. How soon after cortisone can you safely have additional injections in the knees?
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Should be OK now

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query. Hyaluronic acid (Efluxxa) is a new medication that works in a different way than steroids, and sisnce it does not interfere with its mechanism of action, if the area of injection looks good (no infection, hemorrhage,etc) by now (3 weeks) you can have this additional treatment; at least , 1 week usually should elapse between steroid injections.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN