Circumcision by urologist, sticky watery layer formed all over the glans turning to light yellow hard layer, cause ?

Had a circumcision done by urologist , foreskin removed from glans which was attached to Glans, surgery has removed good chunk of layer of the glans along with skin, urologist explained that he had to remove skin pretty hard as it was attached to glans of penis. once gauze was removed after 24 hours a sticky watery layer formed all over the glans turned to light yellow layer, and getting harden as days progressed, What is this layer called and why it is forming. is it a good sign that cells are preparing to form a layers of skin to replace lost one s.
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012