Chronic pain.Xray done. Taking gabepentin. What is the cause of the pain?

i had an xray done on my back and right hip and neck... i have been suffering from chronic pain that burns,aches and stabs every day ... it makes life very hard and difficult to do daily things around the house.. the pain has made it to where i can not work... i have a 11 yr old disabled and blind son who is as tall as me {5.0 foot .27 yr female } my son needs alot of help to walk ,dress,bathe... ect. I had the xray and it was said by my doctor to be well,she placed me on gabepentin ?(sorry on spelling) and it helps so much..i do not want narcotics!my Question is if this medicine keeps working so well should ask for a MRI , to see if there is an underlining issue not seen on this xray?... i dont want to have a big issue and not fix it ,before too late . and also what could it be that hurts SO BAD?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013