Chronic ear infections and cough. Had adenoids removed and tubes inserted. Help

My child is 3. Over the last year he kept getting chronic ear infections and a cough (sometimes developing in to a wheeze ) after every single cold. Before that, he was always healthy. Two months ago, he had his adenoids removed and tubes inserted. Everything was great for two months. Earlier this week, he did get a cold. The cough developed except a more mild version, just dry, no wheeze. The nasal issues seemed to be getting better and the cough too. This evening, my son said it feels like something is in his left ear and it feels weird. He didn t complain of pain. There is no discharge, no fever. Can it still be an infection? What other possibilities can it be? Can the ear tube be coming out this soon? If it is clogged (but not infected), can that be taken care of in the ENT office? It is Friday and I won t be able to see the ENT until Monday.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012