Chronic dizziness, frequent falls, imbalance. Mastoiditis ruled out. What else could it be?

Recently an MRI ordered for chronic dizziness , frequent falls and gait imbalance revealed mastoiditis on both sides. However, once the results were in (ordered by my Pain Management Physician) and reviewed with me by the nurse practitioner, she said that Mastoiditis was not the cause of these symptoms and it was nothing to worry about. I am finding information on the Internet that would indicate it could be a bit more serious. Can you help?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013