Chronic depression, anxiety, harms self, personality disorder. Taking alprazalam, addicted to drug. Alternative?

What can a psychiatrist give that works well to help treat my anxiety and depression (both chronic and severe). I already take venlafexine and have been scripted for alprazalam twice which really helped although she is reluctant to script me for it again as it can become addictive. What else could help? I have been in therapy and told i have a personality disorder , something like BPD although do not really fit the criteria. I am a chronic self harmer.
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012