Chronic cough, itchiness in chest, shortness of breath. Symptoms of allergy?

having this cough for about 3 months, been to local docs, they told me it was an allergy cough, the cough is controllable but my chest will get a little itchy, most of the docs categorise it as a habitual cough, is there such a thing? i do not experience chest pain , shortness of breath or and funny things growning, i still can perform vigourious running and my recovery rate is still fast. I do not cough during exercising
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013