Chronic back pain. Why are there muscle spasms and swelling? Have mild anterolisthesis. Now what?

Hi, my question is in relation to chronic back pain around the T9, T10 region. I woke up with the pain almost 6 months ago, the pain seems to is on the left, on occasions I get muscle spasms and swelling in that region but the unbearable pain sits right next to my spine, which is constant. X-rays only found a mild degree of thoraclumbar scoliosis convex to the right. Mild anterolisthesis of L5 on S1 with impression of pars defect. Mild facet arthropathy at L5/S1. An X-ray taken in 2000 noted mild compression deformity of the T10. What can I do, how do I find out whats going on if nothing showing up on X-rays?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012