Chronic arm pain after axillary resection for hidradenitis suppurativa, prescribed Flexoril. Any insight?

hi, I am a 41 year old female. 5 years ago I had an axillary resection for hidradenitis suppurativa , which I have had since I was 19, although it was never properly diagnosed until the boils had completely destroyed my armpit. Now I have chronic pain in my arm. The scar tissue does not look bad, a minimal scar about 3 inches long and 1 inch wide in my pit, but the pain is severe and on bad days extends all the way into my chest and through my fingertips. I have to force myself to use my arm. The doctors have basically told me I am a hypochondriac. One prescribed flexoril, which I didn t take. I keep thinking there is some kind of nerve damage, but they insist the surgery went nowhere near any nerves. Any insights you can give me?
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  130 Awaiting Answer