Choking sound while asleep in a teenager. Why does speech slur?

My 16 year old son has woken up his siblings twice this week gurguling in his sleep(sound like he s choking). When I go to check on him he is awake and responds appropriately to anyting I ask, but for a minute or two his speech is slurred. A year or two ago this past easter the same thing happened, but he was very disoriented and couldn t stand up and wet himself. 5 minutes into our drive to the hospital he was fine. The ER didn t find anything to cause any concern.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012