Child with persistent cough, has escalation in pattern of cough during swimming. What is the reason?

My 2 1/2 yr old daughter has had a cough for the past few weeks we just went to the dr. who stated her lungs seemed fine but since cough has been occuring for at least 2 weeks perscribed antibiotics and an inhaler ( she also had a very bad cold about a month ago). She seemed to be doing better this past week (she has not gone into a pool this week). After going in the pool today she is coughing again at night. I m seeing a pattern of escalation in her cough when swimming. Is this just a coincidence or is/could there be a reason behind it? Thanks for your help.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012