Child with itching and soreness in vagina, turned into red sore burns. Is it Thrush?

My daughter is 8 years old and i took her to see the nurse on tuesday as she was complaining that she was itchy and sore on her private parts , we were told that she has thrush and given some cream. But then she got some spots on the top part of her legs and on her private parts , The spots have turned into red sore burns , when i took her back yesterday i was told that it is a bad case of thrush. Can thrush be that bad ??
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012