Child with high fever. Given tylenol. Getting stomach pain. Anything serious?

My 2 year old has T & A yesterday. We stayed the night in PICU due to his age. The night nurse was giving double doses of tylenol q4h all Noc. Son seemed fine and we came home. He started running 101.6 fever despite Tylenol and ibuprofen . Now 102.2 hour after last dose of Tylenol. He s complaining on tummy pain. I called the on call Dr. And he just said all this is normal???? Just to watch for mental status changes. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013