Child with fever, vomiting, diarrhea. History of febrile seizures. What should be done to lower fever?

4yr old has fever. Been vomiting under 10x since this morning. It is now almost 1am and he is sleeping. Tempra ( Tylenol ) given an hour ago. Had Diarrhea 3-4x. Cannot keep any food down. Is drinking water and has had 3 pedialyte popsicles. His body is very hot but before falling asleep said he s cold. He has had a few febrile seizures in his life. Besides those, he is a healthy boy. Should I put a blanket on him or should I let his body cool off ? Question 2 - Advil Fever Reducer works best for my 4yr old, yet it says not to use it if there is vomiting or diarrhea - how can I prevent a febrile seizures if the Tempra doesn t work & I m not allowed to use Advil ? I will be up all night because I can t sleep knowing he could have another seizure
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012