Child with fever, swollen purple gums, red close to tooth, canker sore and blisters on inner lip, neck and throat pain. What is the cause?

My daughter has a fever of 102.3. Her gums are swollen and purplish in color with red close to the tooth . She has developed canker like sores and small blisters on the lower inside lip. She has complained of pain to neck and throat but that has subsided. What could be the cause of this? I took her to physician clinic and they didn t give me any definite answers and prescribed an antibiotic - Septra .
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012