Child with continuous fever, detected with viral tonsillitis. Has tiny red spots on body after fever subsided. Cause?

Hi. My one year old son has had a fever of 101 to 102 for 3 days. Took him to the dr yesterday and they said his ears looked good, swabbed his throat and ruled out strep and then said he had viral Tonsilitis . Now today the fever finally broke but he has tiny red spots all over his belly and back. Is this a reaction from his chickenpox shot? Or just a virus? Should I take him back to the doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012