Child suffering from vomiting, diarrhea, cough, fever, weight loss. Is it a viral infection?

hi. my name is april.... my 6 yr old had the vomiting and diarhea a week ago... we got past that then the barky cough started, took him to the doctor and they said its a virus and has to work its way out of his system... the past 24 hours have been awful for him... he slept off and on all day on the 4th. and had a fever of 101. about an hour ago he vomited, and still has a fever of 101. he is so hot that i am at the nervous stage now... i am thinking of taking him to the ER.... im worried and nervous... he cant keep food down or drink down... he s lost 5 pounds in a week
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012