Child suffering from continuous fever, excessive drooling, congestion, cough and diarrhea. How to get relief?

My 11 month old has now had a fever on and off since Tuesday, the 15th. When we went to the doctor on the 15th they gave him Omnicef which he started on Wednesday. On Saturday he still had a fever so we took him to Childen’s Healthcare and they said his ears were horrible and that the Omnicef wasn’t working so they put him on Cefzil. By Monday morning, the 21st there was STILL fever of at least 102 so I took him back to the doctor Monday afternoon and they said his ears weren’t too bad but that he shouldn’t have a fever. They switched his meds again and put him on a Zpack (the only thing that works for me) and he started that Monday night. This morning at 5am he was at 102.6 and then I gave him motrin and by 6:30 he was normal fever. The Ped said not to come in until Friday if he still has a fever, but I just feel like he should NOT still be having these fevers! I’m wondering if it’s something completely unrelated to ears. His symptoms: Excessive drool Serious congestion Wet nasty cough Very ammonia smelling urine Fever Diarrhea (we think associated with antibiotics ) Crusty nose when it’s not dripping Excessive irritability/fussiness
Asked On : Mon, 28 May 2012