Child is teething, has swollen gums and bleeding. Should I rub baby Orajel?

My 13 month old has been teething recently. His two front teeth had barely been poking through for the past week or so and his gums around those two front teeth have been swollen. Only around the front teeth. I woke him from his daily nap and he was playing with a toy when I noticed him gum bled a little. He does not act like it bothers him. Is this normal part of the teething process? I don t recall his bottom gums swelling and then bleeding when his two bottom teeth came in. Should I rub baby orajel on his gums even though they have bled a little?
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012