Child having stomach infection. Advised echo test. Reason for doing echo test?

HI my daughter is 1 yr and 5 mth old she gone to india to meet her grand parents , she got infected with some stomach infection but while examining her the doc asked us to do a 2d echo test ... 1. Is it required in children after birth might be few mths later to go for this test 2. Whats the exact reason behind going for a 2d echo test My daughter is very active right now and in that case also is it necessary for me to take on 2d echo test
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013