Child having recurring cancer sores, stomach pain after eating, difficulty in passing stools. Cause and remedy?

My 4-year-old son has recurring canker sores. Typically, one large one at a time, but in different spots along his lower lip . I ve noticed it off and on for several months, but would forget about it. But, I ve been paying more attention lately. He had one on the left side of his lower lip (just inside his mouth ) two weeks ago. About as soon as it healed, a week ago, one popped up on the right side of his lip. That one healed up in the last day or so, and I noticed one on the right side again. I don t know if this has ANY bearing on the issue. But, he always takes a LONG time to,have a bowel movement - frequently sitting in the bathroom for 15-20 minutes. I don t know for sure that he s taking that long to actually poop, but I do know he just sits there for that amount of time (in other words, I know he s not just playing around). We just sort of figured that was his quirk, but I wanted to include it, in case it matters at all. None of my other children do this. For the last couple of months, he complains of his belly hurting soon after eating - within 15-20 minutes. We have attributed it to eating too quickly, or too much. But, again, I wanted to include it in case it s important. I just made an appointment with his pediatrician , but she can t see him until June...
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012