Child having persistent catarrh, steaming, decongestants not helped. How to get rid of it?

My son (13 ) has had persistant catarrh for the past 10 days - we have been steaming and have tried decongestants but it hasnt got rid of it. I have cut down his dairy intake also. He looks grey and tired. Should I see doctor? He always seems to suffer from this after a cold and it takes a long time to go away, I am trying to get him to drink plenty but I dont know what else I can do - it seems to be inside his passages not running out his nose and affects his speech
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013