Child having increase in intensity of epilepsy, multi- focal seizures, taking oxetol, torleva. Advice?

my son is suffering from epilepsy and the doctor has put him on oxetol 450 and torleva 500 twice daily - one in the morning and one before going to bed. He is always in a bad mood ...depressed and sleepy. His seizures which used to come once in three to six months have intensified. Earlier they were only twiching of the lips but now it is multi focal. The whole face shakes, his tongue protrudes out and his eyes turn upwards. This lasts for atleast three to five minutes and then he goes off to sleep. Does this mean his medicines are not working on him? Everytime I take him to the doctor he only increases the dosage. He is on these drugs for the past two and half years. We began with oxetol 150 once a day to oxetol 300 twice a day and now for almost a year it is oxetol 450 twice and torleva 500 twice daily. Please advice...his age is only eight years and I feel the poor child is over dosed.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012