Child having high fever that keeps fluctuating, not reduced even after giving meftal. Is it advisable to repeat the dose?

Hi, my kid has high fever for last two days. He is 2 years old. The fever has been fluctuating between 100 and 102. Even after giving him metal he has developed 102 fever within 3 hours. Is it advisable to give him metal again. Crocin just won t work. We have met a pediatrician who initially had asked to keep a gap of 8 hours in metal but now has recommended meftal on even a 3hour interval. Please suggest!
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012