Child having fever, stomach pain, low appetite, high heart rate. What else other than fluids and medicines will help?

Hi my three year old has a fever of 101.5 that has not broken after being given medicine for it, he complains of stomach pain, and refuses to eat or drink much. I ve been trying... His heart rate is very fast-I counted it for 15 seconds and there were 40 beats in that 15 second time. Besides trying to give him fluids and get some more medicine in him (which is difficult because he won t open his mouth), what else is there to do?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012