Child having dark, smelly stools, has eczema all over body and face causing intense itching. Cause?

My son is 7 years old. He has bad eczema on his face for about 2 years now. His eczema has spread on to his arm and body but not as bad as his face. He is using steriods and creams but takes a long time to calm the skin on the face which is constantly red and itchy. He is constantly scratching his arm, legs and body too. My questions is that about his stool which is dark and very smelly. I notice there are small brown dots on the tissue when I wipe his bottom - is this normal? He poo nearly every day, sometimes misses a day - but his stool is always very smelly.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012