Child has stress reaction in growth plate on tibia. Has pain. Any treatment that does not require immobilization?

My daughter is 12 and has a stress reaction in her growth plate on her tibia . Saw an ortho after 2 weeks when they found it. She has been immobilized in a boot and crutches for 3 weeks now. She still is in alot of pain and we are not seeing improvement. Is there any other form of treatment you may recommend for my daughter that does not require immobilization? She is a very active kid and quite down due to lack of movement.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013