Child has slight fever, pale skin, ear discharge, pimples on face. No help with ear drops. Suggestions?

my son is 3 years old. He has a slight fever, his skin has paled (although he has a naturally light complexion ), he has significant discharge from his ear that we have been cleaning out regularly. In the last day he has developed 3 small pimples on his face. We took him to the dr last week and they gave us ear drops but it does not seem to be working at all. Most likely because he has tubes in his ears (got them last year). We plan on taking him back to the dr tomorrow but wanted to make sure he doesn t have any more serious type of infection (like meningitis ) in the interim that could cause a real issue. He has energy but we are making him rest.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013