Child has reflux. Has stomach ache, vomiting sensation and sore throat. Anything serious?

Hello Doctor, my daughter is 6 years old..she has been suffering from reflex since she was young. She used to throw up food she eats, though it has stopped now. However, she often gets stomach ache (upper part of her belly button) and soar throat ( without any symptom of cold ). The worst part is, she gets sudden caugh at the mid night ( after 5 hours of having her dinner) and pukes the food or some times nothing comes out but she often ends up caughing severly with vomiting sensation. Her ped. prescribes her to have Jr.Lanzol tablet once a day and sleep with her head elevated. Is there any serious issue with the kid ? Could you please advise ..
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013