Child has painful swollen lymph node and bump on head. Has fever. Cure?

My 6 Yr. old suddenly has a very tender and swollen lymph node behind her ear. She also has a slight bump on the top of her head that hurts but doesn't remember bumping her head to get the bump. This started yesterday. Today she started with a low grade temp. of 101. I'm a bit worried because she doesn't generally complain but says that the lymph node is really painful. I'm also worried that the second bump on her head has some link to her symptoms.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013