Child has pain after ear piercing. Hard to touch, weeping. Next step?

My daughter got her ears pierced 6 months ago and I have only now let her change to regular earrings. We took them out last night as she wanted to change them, but on doing this she was in a lot of pain. We ve tried to convince her to put her good gold earrings in to stop it from healing by freezing her lobe with a bit of ice. However her ear when you pinch it between her fingers is very hard to the touch and is weeping. We never managed to get the earring back in again, please advise on the next step please. Thank you for your time
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Feb 2013
After ear piercing some infection will develop locally and scab will form around the rings. So removal and putting again will be difficult and painful. Because of local infection and tissue reaction to ear ring metals exudate(fluid, pus like fluid) will form it causes weeping wound. You can apply locally some antibacteral ointment after consulting your pediatritaian.

I think this will help your child to get relief