Child has loose motions, cramping and gas, mucus in stools post stopping Restoralax. Cause?

My 2 year old has been on Restoralax for a year for constipation . I recently took her off it because her stools were too loose and frequent. She did great for a week with bowel movements each day. Then, she started to have very loose (almost like diarrhea ) movements, with cramping and gas. There is a lot if mucous in the stool. Could this be because she has a blockage? Should I put her back on the Restoralax? She has no fever and is otherwise well, although she has had a croupy chest for about a week.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012