Child has lesion on scalp. Diagnosed as granuloma pyogenicum. Done cauterization, taken Neosporin. Is chemical cauterization better?

my 8 year old son has a lesion on his scalp for about 2 months now. It is 2 mm in dia and height and is blood red in color. It bled a lot 2 weeks back on minor trauma. Dermatologist has diagnosed it as granuloma pyogenicum and did partial cauterization yesterday using chemicals (I think copper sulphate or phenol ). He has advised neosprin ointment and allegra syp for 3 days after which he will try to cauterize it with chemicals again. Is chemical cauterization better than electrical? He also mentioned that if it does not go or recurs, we may have to remove it surgically which will involve local anesthesia and couple of stitches on scalp. Is there a way to avoid surgery? Which treatment s recommended?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012