Child has leg cramps, stiffness. Earlier taken azithromycin for ear pain, cough, fever, red throat. Any input?

My son has leg cramps and stiffness . He started with right ear pain 5 days ago, along with a cough and fever. The fever has broken and he was taken to the clinic where his throat was swabbed and the culture test came out negative for strep . The doctor was concerned about the redness and swelling but did not see the reason for additional tests other than a perscription for Zythromycin. He took the first days dosages and threw up on the first dose and the second dose caused stomach pain. He now has leg pain and cramps in both of this lower legs. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013